Since 2014, Greater London Education has worked with Local Authorities and Virtual Schools to give one to one tuition to looked after children in Maths, Science, English, and EAL. This includes:
- Short-term support for temporarily excluded students
- Long-term placements with students who live or study at alternative provision centres
- Targeted interventions to students taking place in school
We understand the barriers facing disadvantaged pupils and we approach each student with patience and understanding. Our tutors challenge pupils to achieve the best that they can in a healthy and supportive environment.
The type of programmes on offer range from in-school lessons, revision classes and functional skills training. We have successfully accommodated high degrees of student mobility and ensured accountability by facilitating consistent communication and feedback between all involved parties. We assist in reintegrating pupils in schools and substituting teaching in core subjects if attendance isn’t possible.
- Lessons for pupils who do not attend school
- Catch up lessons for pupils who have missed school
- Exam preparation for GCSEs and A levels